Faster Drying Times For Your Carpet
Drying time for carpet varies depending on the type of carpet, weather conditions and how soiled the carpet may or may not be. Be assured ELF Carpet uses the latest technology in our cleaning process, normal drying time is between six to eight hours.
The following will help in the drying time:
1) Adjust your thermostat to 72 degrees, or if appropriate open your windows.
2) Turn off humidifiers on your furnace.
3) Turn your thermostat fan control setting to "On".
4) Turn on all ceiling fans (make sure air blows down.)
5) Turn on dehumidifier or air conditioning.
6) Run floor fans over carpet.
7) Do not remove the plastic/foil tabs placed under legs of furniture until carpet is dry.
8) Do not replace furniture or area rugs in cleaned areas for 24 hours.
9) If possible, avoid walking on damp carpet. If this is not possible, use inside shoes (slippers/sandals) to walk on it. Clean white socks also work. If you must walk on and off the damp carpet, wipe your shoes thoroughly with a wet cloth each time before walking on carpet. Dirt will track off on a damp carpet very easily. Be very careful walking onto a hard surface (tile/wood) because it will be slippery!